Simple Breakfast Recipes for a Healthy Start to a Day
What do you usually have for breakfast? Leftovers from last night? Okay, convenient. But is it good for your health? Not always!
Your breakfast is supposed to be a wholesome combination of good carbs, proteins, and healthy fats. Whether you enjoy a savory bite or a sweet sip, it should be healthy enough to keep you charged for almost half the day and boost brain power.
Another reason you should prepare your breakfast from scratch is that it helps you monitor what goes in every bite. You'll be able to size your portions and manage your calories accordingly.
Sadly, despite being beneficial, breakfast is one of the first things to get compromised every day. It's mainly because we can't think of a quick and easy recipe or don't have enough time to prepare one.
The good news is we've compiled some of the simplest breakfast recipes for you here. Let's keep that tummy happy.
The Delicious Eggs
Eggs are one of the most enjoyed breakfast items. They are quick to cook, versatile enough to pair with different sides, and super rich in protein.
The best part? There are always some in your pantry! Even if you grab a carton at the grocery store, it'll cost you $4.25. Not a bad deal.
While egg recipes are pretty straightforward, some of us struggle to get that perfectly runny yolk. So we have an over easy eggs recipe for you that gets ready in 3 short minutes.
- Melt butter in your nonstick skillet. Keep the heat low-medium.
- Once you have foamy butter, crack open an egg onto the pan. Season it with salt and black pepper.
- Let the egg cook for about 2-2.5 minutes or till the egg whites become white and crispy.
- Once done, flip the egg gently and let it cook for 30 seconds.
- Transfer to your plate and enjoy it with bread (or whatever you like).
Make Ahead Breakfast Burritos
Burritos are a tasty, savory breakfast option that is super easy to prepare. Since you can prepare these ahead of time, they make a perfect pick for the late-runners. Moreover, they are highly versatile. You can tweak the recipe to make it fit for your tastebuds. Add cheese, bacon, avocado, - basically anything, and watch (more like taste) the magic happen.
Here's a quick make-ahead breakfast burrito recipe that'll soon become your go-to:
- Fry bacon in a buttered pan and chop it into small pieces.
- Scramble eggs in the same pan and season them with spices of choice.
- Add your filling of scrambled eggs mixed with bacon in the center of a tortilla.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and fold both ends of the tortilla towards the center. Then, roll it from one end to make a burrito.
- Bake your burrito in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until it turns a nice crispy golden.
- Serve with salsa or avocado slices.
Banana Baked Oatmeal
Enjoy a healthy, gluten-free option with this amazing oatmeal recipe. You can make a batch at the beginning of the week and store it in an airtight container in the fridge for busy mornings.
This recipe has ingredients that keep your organs happy and healthy. For instance, bananas have high potassium content, which boosts heart health. Oats are a great source of fiber and antioxidants that support digestion.
Now, for the recipe. Here's what you have to do:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Mash ripe bananas in a small mixing bowl until they become creamy and smooth.
- Add egg whites and vanilla extract to it and give everything a good mix.
- Next, add oats, baking powder, cinnamon powder, and sea salt. Mix everything well.
- Grease your baking dish with coconut (or olive) oil and pour the mixture into it.
- Bake the dish for 25-30 minutes until the top of the oatmeal turns golden brown.
This delicious banana-baked oatmeal tastes lip-smacking good with fresh berries or a drizzle of honey.
Do you have a palate for spicy food? Kimchi is a Korean cuisine staple with a perfect tangy flavor. It's also loaded with probiotics that are great for gut health.
This kimchi toast recipe takes only 5 minutes to prepare, making it a great option for busy mornings. Here's what you need to do:
- Toast your bread slices till they become crispy.
- Layer cream cheese on each side of the toast.
- Add a generous portion of kimchi on top and sprinkle some sesame seeds for extra crunch.
- Optional: you can also add avocado slices or scrambled eggs to make it more filling.
And there you have it: a quick and easy breakfast with a twist! Enjoy your kimchi toast with a cup of hot coffee or tea for a perfect start to your day.
Chicken Sausage and Cheese Sandwich
Sandwiches are love! They're filling, crispy, tasteful, and super easy to put together. Plus, you have the freedom to pick the choice of bread that works for you - wholewheat, white, or gluten-free!
The sandwich recipe that we have for you here is a protein-packed delight. Enjoy fresh orange juice (carrot and pomegranate taste amazing, too).
Here's a quick and easy recipe for it:
- Heat oil in a pan and cook chicken sausage until brown on all sides.
- Add slices of onion, bell pepper, and your favorite seasoning to the pan. Let everything cook together for 3-4 minutes.
- Spread some homemade pesto sauce on bread slices and add the chicken sausage mixture on top.
- Sprinkle cheese (cheddar or mozzarella) on top and toast the sandwich in a toaster or pan for 2-3 minutes until the cheese melts.
You can also add mushrooms, olives, or any other toppings that suit your taste. Get creative and make it yours!
Wrap Up Your Morning with These Simple Breakfast Recipes!
Breakfast should be your healthiest meal of the day. It should have all the essential nutrients that you need to pull through the day. We hope the recipes above will motivate you to invest a few minutes in preparing (and enjoying) your breakfast time.
If you like pairing your breakfast bite with a sip, try a fruit smoothie or a dairy-free latte. You can also add your favorite protein powder, nut butter, and fresh fruits to make a wholesome breakfast smoothie.
Remember, a good breakfast is the fuel that feeds your body and mind. So, ditch the leftovers and start preparing your own healthy meal! Your body will thank you for it. Enjoy!