Don’t we all love to spend some me-time amongst our busy schedules and want to make ourselves feel good amidst all the stress and anxiety? An excellent way to feel amazing is to devote some time each day to a self-care routine. It will not only make you feel good but also allow you to feel fresh and keep your skin looking clean and healthy.
An essential part of self-care is using body oils, and it is often neglected by us. But, it is a necessary step to include body oil in your self-care regime, as it has a plethora of benefits for your skin.
What are Body Oils?
Body oils differ a little from lotions and moisturizers. It can be used in various ways on our entire body. Body oils contain nourishing and moisturizing properties. They are anti-ageing and prevent fine lines and wrinkles.
These hydrating body oils penetrate the skin thoroughly, locking in and retaining moisture. Unlike skincare products, body oils are universal. No matter your skin type, you can undoubtedly use a body oil.
For people with drier skin or those prone to eczema, body oils can be a great option to apply to targeted areas to prevent the skin from becoming flaky. Moisturizing and hydrating body oils make you smell great and are a practical addition to your self-care routine.
What are the Key Ingredients in a Body Oil?
The key ingredients in body oil are:
- Hyaluronic acid – Hyaluronic acid (HA) has anti-ageing and anti-wrinkling properties. It provides moisture to the skin, heals wounds, and can treat redness and eczema.
- Rosehip Oil – This essential oil is a fantastic component as it soothes the skin, treats body acne, brightens the skin, helps with scarring, and fades out uneven skin tone. Rosehip oil is found in a lot of skincare products.
- Bidens Pilosa – It is a plant-derived component used in skin quench oils. It is known to have a natural supply of antioxidants, helps with discolouration, provides a protective skin barrier, and controls oil production.
Excellent Benefits of Skin Quench Oils
Let us look at the benefits of using hydrating body oils:
- Despite popular opinion, skin quench oils are not greasy at all. Just because it has the term ‘oil’ does not mean it will leave you looking like a grease ball. The ‘oil’ in skin quench oils refers to the essential oils used to create them to provide nourishment and hydration to your skin.
- Unlike body lotions, body oils have a liquid consistency. However, they quickly penetrate into the skin (unlike hair oils) and leave your skin smelling lovely and feeling hydrated.
- Skin quench oils help you achieve a glowy finish. This is something you don’t get with body lotions. Despite the glowy finish, your skin doesn’t feel oily to the touch.
- Last but not least, hydrating body oils are proven to have physical benefits. They help with muscle pain and often provide relief for our joints.
How to Use Body Oils?
There are certain things you need to follow before applying skin quench oils.
- The first step is to take a bath or shower. The application of body oil to clean skin is very important. Applying this oil to polluted or unwashed skin will have zero visible effects and can be bad for the skin as well.
- The next step is to dry the skin properly before application. If you apply the oil to wet skin, the ingredients will mix with the water and not penetrate into the skin properly.
- Then, take a handful of your body oil and apply a thick layer to your skin. Take just a few drops, and that will be enough for your body.
- Massage it onto your skin until it is completely absorbed before you put on your clothes to make sure the residue doesn’t deposit on them.
- Do this process at least twice a week to get maximum benefit.
Hydrating body oils can also be used as an alternative to shaving cream, providing a smooth base. They also help replenish cracked heels and elbows, so applying a layer every night will give you visible results.
Another helpful tip is to add a few drops of it to your bath water and see the magic. It will provide you with a beautiful scent and moisturized skin without having to put in extra effort.
To wrap up, good body oil has a lot of excellent benefits and, most importantly, helps us feel good about ourselves. It might seem like an extra effort, but we can agree to owe it to ourselves after catering to a busy schedule. Treat your body care routine just like you treat your skincare routine. We hope we were helpful to you today. Thanks for reading!