Candidates who are preparing for the government bank exams in India can apply for leading exams conducted by Public Sector Banks. Presently, the bank exams in India are held at two levels, PO and Clerk. The exam is held by leading organisations like IBPS and SBI. In this article, we have discussed the top five government bank exams in India.
Top 5 Government Bank Exams in India
Primarily, there are five government bank exams conducted in India conducted by SBI and IBPS. The exams are conducted at two levels, PO and Clerk for all the organisations. Know more about the top five government bank exams in India in the section below.
1. SBI Clerk 2023
The SBI Clerk 2023 exam is conducted by the State Bank of India. The exam is held annually with the aim to fill Junior Associates’ clerical positions in SBI. The bank announced 5000 to 6000 vacancies for the post of SBI Clerk in the past. The selection process includes a Preliminary and Main exam that assesses the English, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude and General Awareness knowledge of the candidate.
As of now, the bank has not announced the official calendar for the SBI Clerk bank exam. However, it shall be held in the coming months across the country. The candidates who qualify for the SBI Clerk enjoy job stability, promising career growth, and attractive allowances from the bank.
2. IBPS Clerk 2023
The IBPS Clerk 2023 exam is organized by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. The exam is conducted to fill the vacancies in the eleven public sector banks. The major banks that participate in the IBPS Clerk exam are Bank of India, Canara Bank, Indian Overseas Bank and Union Bank of India.
The selection process comprises Preliminary and Main exams focusing on English, Reasoning, and Numerical Ability. The authorities have announced 4545 vacancies for different banks. The IBPS Clerk preliminary exam is scheduled for August 2023 and the Mains exam in October 2023. Candidates joining the Clerical cadre of PSB will be eligible for promotion to higher levels after completing three years.
3. SBI PO 2023
The State Bank of India Probationary Officer (SBI PO) 2023 exam is a premier opportunity to become a Probationary Officer through a rigorous three-tier selection process involving Preliminary and Main exams, followed by an Interview. Aspiring candidates undergo comprehensive training, benefit from rapid career progression, and enjoy attractive salary packages, establishing SBI PO as a prestigious and financially rewarding career choice.
The bank is expected to announce 2000 to 2200 vacancies for the Probationary Officer profile in the coming days.
4. IBPS PO 2023
The IBPS Probationary Officer (IBPS PO) 2023 exam is organized by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. The conducting authorities have announced 3049 vacancies for the IBPS PO profile. The selection process involves Preliminary and Main exams followed by an Interview. Successful candidates enjoy accelerated career growth, diverse job roles, and substantial financial benefits, making IBPS PO a sought-after option for those aspiring to excel in the banking sector.
5. IBPS RRB PO/Clerk 2023
The IBPS RRB PO/Clerk 2023 exam recruits officers and clerical staff for Regional Rural Banks, primarily serving rural areas. The selection process encompasses Preliminary and Main exams, followed by Interviews. An RRB PO/Clerk offers the candidates to work in rural areas which provides candidates with exposure to agricultural and rural financing, contributing to holistic societal development. Presently, the IBPS PO/Clerk exam is underway and the Main exam will be held in September 2023.
General Preparation Tips for Government Bank Exams
Government bank exams are annually for both PO and Clerk separately. Candidates who are preparing for the Government Bank exams should refer to the following tips to ace the exam with high marks.
- Choose the right study materials, including textbooks, online resources, and practice papers when preparing for the Bank exam. Reliable and up-to-date materials aligned with the exam syllabus are essential to developing a good understanding of the concepts and basics
- Develop a study schedule that allocates time for each subject and topic. Efficient time management ensures thorough coverage of the syllabus and prevents last-minute confusion
- Regularly revise the topics you’ve studied to reinforce your understanding and retain information for the topics relevant to the Bank exams. Create concise notes to aid quick revision for subjects like English Language and General Awareness
- Regularly take Bank mock tests and practice papers to get an understanding of the preparation before the exam. This helps you become familiar with the question patterns, improves time management, and identifies weak areas
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses by reviewing your Bank mock test performances. Focus on improving your weaker areas while maintaining your strengths
With a focussed and dedicated preparation strategy to qualify for the government bank exams. The candidates should refer to the official syllabus and exam pattern to prepare efficiently for the exam. For more informational content, do keep a tab on this page.