Dos And Don'ts of Scalp Micro Pigmentation to Get the Best Results
Scalp micro pigmentation is popularly known as scalp tattoo and is a very innovative treatment for people battling hair loss. Is it invasive? You must understand that micro scalp pigmentation is a non-invasive procedure, and it requires very little maintenance, but you need to take care of your scalp after undertaking the treatment so that you get the best results. There are specific tips for aftercare because that will decide whether you have a good or bad outcome. For all those people who do not want to increase their risk of infection and scarring, they need to make sure they follow all the tips related to aftercare. Anybody who is inconsistent with this can lead to infection. Eximious Scalp Micropigmentation Academy of Boca Raton helps you with desired results.
Below are tips to help you get the best results from scalp micro pigmentation.
After a micro pigmentation session, you should treat your scalp like an open wound. It is so because multiple tiny perforations will meet to deposit the desired pigment into the superficial layers of the skin. Hence to ensure that the pigment does not fade, you must give it time for proper healing. Talk to the SMP specialist at Scalp Treatment Singapore | Hairstuff Salon after the treatment and follow all their instructions
- Avoid shaving, scratching or touching, or even combing after treatment. This way, you can reduce the chances of introducing germs or bacteria that can lead to infection. If in case you feel that the scalp is itchy, you can gently pat the scalp but do not in any circumstances use your finger-nails; or else, it can even scratch out the pigment.
- Avoid strenuous activities or even exercise after treatment for at least a week. Sweat can miraculously affect how the pigment will settle onto the scalp, and it might even bring undesirable results if you do not follow it.
- Avoid extreme exposure to the sun because ultraviolet rays can deeply penetrate the skin and break apart various pigments leading to fading of the scalp. Thus, it would help if you stayed out of the sun or even covered your head to provide more protection.
- Avoid taking a bath for at least a week after the session. No swimming for a month to prevent any infection or fading of the pigment.
- Many specialists allow people to use a gentle cleanser after a week, but the product should not have any harmful chemicals or fragrances that can irritate the skin on the scalp. Follow the guidelines the specialist gives when using a cleanser especially. You can use a cleanser with natural ingredients because not only will it soothe your scalp, but also keep the area hydrated.
- Moisturizing your scalp is essential, so any product that can hydrate the scalp without causing irritation or redness is a good option.
- Using sunscreen daily when going out in the sun is also essential, preventing any scalp burn. Sunscreen also protects against unnecessary sun damage or fading of the pigment.
How you take care of pigmentation affects the results. Hence do take care of the area to prevent inflammation.