Embark on an Epic Journey: Mumbai to Leh-Ladakh Bike Trip Guide
Taking trips is fun and all but have you ever planned a bike trip? You must definitely have and I am pretty sure you could not move further with the plan because you didn’t have enough information and didn’t know how to proceed further.
Well, worry no more, for I will tell you all about the routes that you can undertake for your bike tour from Mumbai to Leh Ladakh Bike Trip. You can directly take Ladakh Tour Packages or you can plan on your own.
The first tip that I would like to give you is to ensure that you have enough leaves from work because it will take at least a month to complete your Mumbai to Leh-Ladakh Bike Trip.
You can get your bike shipped to Chandigarh and you can either fly or take a train from Mumbai to Chandigarh. Once you reach Chandigarh you can take the Manali Leh Route with your bike.
Another option that you have is you can get your bike shipped to Srinagar and fly or take a train from Mumbai and reach Srinagar directly. Pick up your bike and take the Srinagar-Leh Route.
The easiest way, however, is to fly to Delhi, rent a bike and drive on the Manali-Leh route.
If you are a hardcore biker, ready to undertake the adventure of a lifetime then you can take your personal bike tour from Mumbai to Ladakh. This is not a piece of cake, because it requires you to ride on your bike continuously and will leave you feeling very tired. So think thrice before even going for it.
Mumbai To Leh-Ladakh Bike Trip
So if you have chosen to be a hardcore biker and take the thrilling Mumbai to Leh-Ladakh bike trip then you should know the route before you start your trip. It’s best if you take some of your friends along with you so that you don’t become lonely throughout this one month journey. Yes it’s gonna take you a month to complete the entire trip all the way from Mumbai to Ladakh.
You start from Mumbai, reach Surat, then move to Baroda and Ajmer. The next Destination will be Jaipur and then you will reach the capital city of India. From here you will move towards Kurukshetra, then Chandigarah and reach Mandi, where you finally enter Himachal Pradesh. Your next stop will be in Manali, then Keylong and finally Leh.
The total distance that you will be traveling is approximately 2500 kms one way and you can take the same route while traveling back.
The Manali-Leh Route
The most popular among all the routes and the most loved by tourists is the Manali-Leh route which passes through the stunning Rohtang Pass. You will start from Manali and pass through Gramphu, Khokhsar, Sissu, Keylong, Jispa, Sarchu, Pang, Tanglang La, Miru, Upshi, Karu and then finally reach Leh. These beautiful places will make every minute of the journey worth all the effort.
You will be covering a distance of approximately 480 kms in this route and make sure that you take the permit from Manali SDM for going through the Rohtang Pass.
Get ready to experience the picturesque and breathtaking views of Kashmir while you embark on your bike trip to Leh and have the best experience of your life. Your bike ride starts from Srinagar, passing through Sonamarg, which is a heaven in itself. Move towards the Zojila Pass, Drass and Kargil, where the great Kargil war was fought. You will now move towards Mulbek, Lamayuru, Saspol and your final destination Leh.
You also have the choice to take the Manali-Leh route while coming and the Srinagar-Leh route for returning to have the best experience of both the routes. It will be heavenly.
Preparations For Your Mumbai To Leh Ladakh Bike Trip
- Ensure that you have the permit for Rohtang Pass and other permits as well because most of the time Rohtang Pass is closed and if you don’t have the permit, you cannot move further. You can apply for the permits online.
- Besides permit, you should ensure that you have your photo identification, driving license and the papers of the bike are with you. They can be checked anywhere and you would not want to get in any kind of trouble while on the road.
- Get a printout of the route map, and don’t just rely on the digital one because there are places where you may not get any network, so that is when your physical map will come to your rescue.
- Before you start with the journey, check the road and weather conditions.
- Ensure that you have all your regular medications as well as medication for Acute Mountain Sickness for your Mumbai To Leh Ladakh Bike trip
- Before starting, get your bike serviced properly, making sure that everything is working fine and there is no problem that you might face on the road.
- Keep woolen clothes because the place is going to be cold and when you are riding on a bike, you might feel even colder
You can take the ultimate Mumbai to Leh Ladakh Bike Trip all on your own or you can go for tour packages that make curated itineraries for enthusiastic travelers like you. The choice is yours.