What not to include in your camping cook set
If you are interested in heading into the great outdoors and having an adventurous camping experience, one of the most important things to consider is how you are going to prepare your meals. Without the right camping kitchen equipment , you may be stuck snacking on cold meals or spending unnecessary money on pre-made foods. But with the right camping cooks sets and kitchen equipment, you’ll be able to easily prepare delicious meals while under the stars.
In this article, we take a look at the essential kitchen equipment you’ll need for camping, including camping stoves and pots and pans - we will also take a look at what not to bring!
Stock up on your kitchen camping cookset essentials
When it comes to cooking while camping, it’s important to have durable, lightweight and easy to clean cookware. Here are some items you should add to your kitchen camping cook set:
- Camping stove: A good camping stove is a great investment and is ideal for cooking up meals in the great outdoors. There are a variety of options available for you when it comes to getting a camping stove. From propane and butane to liquid fuel stoves, you are sure to find one that you are most comfortable with. Make sure your stove is easily portable and you are able to carry it with you on your adventure.
- Lightweight pots and pans: When stocking up on pots and pans for your camping adventure make sure that you invest in cookware that is lightweight and made from titanium or aluminum. These kinds of pans are easily portable and easy to clean - non-stick coatings can also make for easy cleaning while on the trail.
- Cooking utensils: This goes without saying but don’t forget to bring utensils such as spoons, tongs and spatulas. These will just make the entire experience so much easier for you. Make sure to look for lightweight materials that are durable and easy to carry with you.
- Camping coffee pot: If you love your morning coffee, then a coffee pot is essential for your camping trip. Look for durable and lightweight options that are easy to clean.
What not to add to your kitchen camping cook set
While it is important to have the right cooking equipment for your camping experience, it’s also vital to remember what you shouldn’t bring. Let’s take a look at kitchen items you need to leave at home:
- Glassware: If it could break and injure you on the trail - don’t bring it with! Glassware is heavy and dangerous so rather stock up on metal cups.
- Heavy cookware: Of course, you may like to bring your best cast iron skillet on your trip but remember that every ounce counts when you are lugging it around in your backpack. Take a look at lightweight skillet options especially designed for camping.
- Disposable utensils and plates: This may be a tempting solution when hitting the great outdoors but this is truly awful for the environment. You don’t want to create waste while on your trip so invest in reusable plates and utensils.
- Too much food: While it's important to bring enough food to sustain your energy on your camping trip, overstocking can be a massive burden. Stick to the essentials and put a meal plan together ahead of time.
Having the right equipment for cooking while camping can make all the difference in the quality of your meals and overall camping experience. Look for lightweight and durable options, such as camping stoves, lightweight pots and pans, and utensils, and leave non-essential items at home.
By following these tips, you'll be able to cook up delicious meals in the great outdoors without adding too much weight to your backpack.