Frontpoint Security System Review
Frontpoint is one of the most popular home security companies, but different from other security companies. Its custom-installed approach distinguishes it from competitors. So should you choose Frontpoint? Here's a review of what we found:
What Does Frontpoint Include?
The security system comes with several valuable features discussed below:
Door/ Window Sensor
Alerts you when doors or windows open. You can also set up rules so that if someone opens a door or window after a specific time at night or on weekends, you get an alert immediately.
Alerts you when motion is detected inside your home while you're away or asleep. This sensor can even detect when someone is tampering with it by tampering with wires or removing batteries from it! It also comes with tamper detection, so if someone tries to remove these sensors from your walls, they will immediately alert your phone!
This is the tiny remote you use to arm and disarm your system. You can also control features like turning on lights, unlocking doors, and more. The keychain remote comes with a battery and runs off of two AAA batteries. The batteries last up to 5 years before needing to replace them.
Glass Break Sensor
This sensor will detect any glass breaks in your home, including windows or doors. It has a range of up to 150 feet (46 meters), so it can cover most of your house or apartment. It works best when placed in an open area where there aren't any obstructions between it and the window getting protected from breaking.
Additional Functional Features
The Frontpoint Security System has a wide range of features, including:
- Simple installation that takes less than an hour to complete
- 24/7 monitoring, with a team of over 500 customer service agents ready to take your call when you need them most
- An app that allows you and your family to access your account from any device at any time.
Pros and Cons
Listed below are some pros and cons of Frontpoint:
- The system is easy to set up and install.
- Frontpoint Security offers excellent customer service and is always on hand to respond to inquiries and assist with installation.
- The company provides an online training course to learn how to use the system without paying an expert to come over.
- Frontpoint offers both DIY and professionally installed options, so you can choose the best service that fits your needs.
- Frontpoint security doesn't include a cellular connection as part of its service, which means it's not compatible with other devices that require cellular connectivity (like some smart thermostats or garage door openers).
If you're looking for a security system with a range of features and an affordable price tag, Frontpoint is a good option. However, if you want something more flexible or customizable (for example, allowing users to review footage before contacting the police). In that case, it may not be suitable for your needs. If you want something simple and affordable but effective at protecting your home from intruders, this system comes with unique resources that could work well for you!