4 Tips to Enhance Your Makeup Routine
Your makeup routine is something that should be an enjoyable experience. When you take the time to do your makeup, you are able to show off your inner beauty and make yourself feel confident. But if you are always rushing in the morning, it can seem impossible to put on a full face of makeup. This is when it's time to take a few steps back and assess what is holding you back from looking your best.
Skincare, hair care, and lifestyle habits all contribute to how your skin looks. With these tips in mind, take some time in the morning to do everything that will help you look and feel your best.
Establish Your Skincare Routine
Many people don't realise that what you put on your skin is just as important as what you put in your body. For your skin to look its best, there are two key steps to take to get your routine started.
- Wash your face with water and a gentle cleanser every morning before putting on makeup. This will help remove any dirt or oil from your skin that may contribute to breakout.
- Use a toner to balance the pH levels of your skin and use moisturizer throughout the day for hydrated, healthy-looking skin.
Start With A Clean Face
The first step to a great makeup routine starts with clean skin. Cleansing your skin removes dirt, oil, and makeup from the day before and also helps you prepare for the next steps in your routine.
Once you've cleansed your skin, it's time to hydrate and nourish it with products that will help maintain healthy skin. There are many options, including serums, moisturizers, masks, exfoliators, toners, and oils, that can provide benefits specific to your concerns.
Makeup Tips For Beginners
For those who have been wearing makeup for a long time, it may be hard to remember what it was like to start. The key to making makeup work for you is practice and knowing the basics of makeup application. If you're new to makeup or would like some tips for beginners, we will share some helpful tips that should help you be ready for this morning:
- Don't apply your foundation before your moisturizer.
- Always apply an eye primer.
- Apply lipstick like a lip liner and fill it in with colour.
- Use bronzer as a contour.
- Use powder blush over liquid; additionally, pressed powder is a popular favourite among makeup veterans and beginners alike. For inspiration on which one you should choose, head over to Code8 and check out their pressed powder selection.
- Apply mascara using circular motions.
- Master eyeshadow application by simply sweeping across the eyelid and blending up towards brow bone.
Put Makeup On In the Right Lighting
The natural lighting in your bathroom can be an excellent tool for applying makeup. The mirror is typically a good size, and the lighting is usually flattering to your skin tone. But you don't want to spend the entire morning in your bathroom. In order to save time, it's essential to know what light will work best for applying your makeup. If there isn't any natural light coming into your bathroom, then set up a lamp so you can see what you're doing better. Make sure that the light doesn't cast shadows on your face by positioning yourself at an angle facing away from any windows.