How To Carry Out A Marketing Campaign With Whatsapp?
Image Source: Google
Who does not have WhatsApp? 98.5% of smartphones in Spain have installed it and use it regularly for fast and effective communications. Other statistics indicate that 96% of people prefer chatting to talking on the phone. The key is to make it easy for our clients and bet on the communication system they prefer.
Its uses can be various, from receiving orders, reservations or various inquiries about our products or going the other way, that is, informing our customers of news or products exclusively for them. The trick is to segment needs, work on the communication style and get valuable information to the customer.
Neither as spam nor as e-mail
But, beware, WhatsApp establishes in its terms that it can block a user’s account if they use the service as spam. You must have the user’s authorization to receive our promotions, try to add us to your contact list, use the distribution lists to generate multiple messages to types of people with similar needs, and forget about groups, as long as they are not for co-workers are the precautions to follow.
Always with the consent of the clients
It is not recommended to use WhatsApp as a mass messaging tool for advertising shipments. Of course, it should never be used with anyone who has not connected with us, who has not left us their data, who has not signed a data protection policy with us, outside of legality … Nor do we recommend it to send advertising to our clients and, suddenly, change communication by SMS or by e-mail to this medium, because it may be poorly received.
We must consult clients or contacts about their interest in using WhatsApp as an alternative means of communication, and this may be of interest to them if we offer them added value. If we are going to offer them by WhatsApp the same as by email, surely they will not want a medium as private as WhatsApp to fill it with information. But we can send you immediate information when you need it (geolocation, contact information …). Possibly, this will improve the experience of your relationship with us.
There are already companies that are using WhatsApp as a tool to complement telephone assistance to their customers: “A user of a service can send a photo of a product that is failing, a video of a process that has been done or a descriptive text of something that is happening to you … It is also a good use to use it as alerts: the possibility that when there is a specific offer they can send a message by WhatsApp and be registered in that group to have timely information “
Steps for the Marketing Campaign
The experts list some steps to do WhatsApp marketing in an SME:
- Prepare a database of your audience. It is very important that it is segmented, that is, divided into the different types of customers or consumers you want to target. In this way, you will be able to focus the messages and have a better chance of obtaining a commercial response.
- Define the message. Once you have the database ready (which you must continually update and complete), you have to work on the message: what do you want to communicate to your audience? How are you going to convince them of what you want and how are you going to achieve the goal that you have set?
- Use audio, video, or image. WhatsApp is easy to use. You can send messages by selecting photos, videos, and audio, which expands the communication possibilities. You will be more successful and recipients will be able to forward it to their contacts.
- Look for impact and forwarding. More advice: Don’t do the same as the rest. Try to imagine something new in your message and add value to your contacts. This will make the recipient of your communication pass it on to his followers, and they to theirs, and in this way, you can reach thousands of people.
- Shipping. You have to make shipments according to the number of recipients:
– Few shipments: you can do it from your smartphone, message by message until you click “send” to the last contact. It is a more laborious and handmade option but it has its charm.
. Many shipments: for this option, it is advisable to use specific free WhatsApp marketing software for this purpose, such as Massyphone, Whatsapp Marketing, Whatsgateway, or Double check.