There is nothing worse than never having time for yourself. In this day and age, one of the most important things that you could do for yourself is self-care. Life right now is hard. The pandemic, the unemployment levels and the day to day grind of work are all tough on the body and the mind. The result of this is your stress levels and how far beyond the roof they are right now. There never seems to be enough time or money lately, and there are a lot of highly charged emotions running rampant.
As a woman, you are going to be more acutely aware of self-care and what it means for you. You’re going to want to work on your health a little more and you’re going to want to feel good about yourself. You don't have to live in a world that feels perpetually stressful, well, you don't have to wear that stress on your face or in your head. Lowering your stress levels should be a priority for you, particularly if you’re going to be dealing with high levels of it in your job and your life. A lack of self-care comes from a range of places, including not having enough time or money to do the things that you want to do. You also may not prioritise your self-care because you don't believe that you are deserving enough of it. The good news is that self-care doesn't have to take long and you can save time on it. Instead of spending time and money on a makeup routine, for example, you could get permanent makeup and save yourself both time and money. Below, we’ve got some of the best tips that you need that you really cannot miss out on.
- Choose to do something you enjoy. From horse riding to reading a great book, you need to do something you enjoy doing as part of your self-care routines. Enjoyment has to be the center of your self-care, as this way, you’ll keep indulging. You deserve to indulge as much as possible in your own self-care routines. Without them, you’re going to end up finding life far too stressful and boring and you end up feeling trapped.
- Get a massage. When was the last time you had someone work out the stress knots on your body? You don't always have to deal with pain, you know. You will feel better, act better and remain stronger if you have regular massages. Not only will you work out the knots and any tension, you will be able to give your body the chance to perform better. You can think better, too, once you’ve had a massage. You will be able to move better, and this will give you bigger and better confidence in yourself.
- Meditate. Where you can, you need to take a few minutes a day to relax and empty your mind. Meditation is lauded for a good reason, and it doesn't have to take long. When you give yourself the space and time to just be, you can feel more empowered and happier as a result. Meditation is going to help you to feel focused and give you clarity on what you need to do day to day to feel good about yourself.
- Remember to self-soothe. There are soothing techniques that you can take on board to help calm your mind and your body. Self-soothing is not just for babies.you deserve the feeling of calm and security and self-soothing activities like a hot bath and listening carefully to soft music can help you greatly.
- Move your body. Did you know exercise is self-care? Whether you are walking or attending thrice-weekly yoga sessions, you need to move more to feel good. You can feel the rush of adrenalin and good hormones that comes with moving your body, and self-care doesn't get better than that. You are focusing on your physical and mental health when you exercise, and it’s the best thing that you can do for yourself.
- Save yourself some time. From using permanent makeup to save time in the morning, to choosing a job that’s an easy commute to your home, you need to save yourself time. This will stop you from rushing around everywhere and give you that pause you need to reduce your stress. This type of self-care is going to help you to get through the day without being overwhelmed. Time management is vital if you want to care for yourself a little more.
- Dance party. Music can help to inspire you in your day to day life. A dance party while dancing to your favorite music is something amazing and some of the best self-care that you can indulge in. Turn it up and get moving so that you can feel happy, energized and more.
- Reduce your blue light exposure. One of the best ways that you can reduce your stress and thus give yourself a little self-care, is by turning off the phone/iPad/laptop! Blue light technology can interfere with your sleep and stop you from properly resting. Making yourself a priority means sleeping well at night time, and that means that you need to put down the technology from time to time.
- Put yourself first. Speaking of making yourself a priority, you need to do what you can to put yourself first. We all need time for ourselves, and putting your self-care in your must-do list can mean saying no to others. Setting healthy boundaries is an absolute must, and it’s vital that you care for yourself and get this done.
- It’s not selfish. Lastly, you need to remember that self-care is a must. You have to be able to take care of yourself without feeling guilty. Self-care is an essential part of life, and without time and breaks for yourself, you’re going to find that you are leaving yourself behind and not caring for your own wellbeing properly. It’s not selfish to take care of you.