Types of Car Accidents and Their Causes
None of us wish to discuss car accidents in detail. However, it is essential to raise public awareness so you can understand how to pursue the events after, who to hold responsible, and where to recover your losses.
Types of Car Accidents
- The most common form of a car accident is called a single-car accident. You would categorize fallen debris, rollovers, and collisions with animals as single-car accidents. These kinds of accidents involve single-car collisions. Any off-road rollover or collision is also considered a single-car accident.
- The next form of vehicular incident we are going to discuss is a rear-ending collision. This is where traffic crashes into the car in front of you. Rear-end collisions mostly happen because of a distracted driver, abruptly stopping over a stop sign, or applying brakes suddenly because of abnormal road conditions. You will find more rear-end accidents happen when the weather is unpredictable.
- Call them T-bone collisions or side-impact collisions. The frequency of these accidents has made them the third on our list. These kinds of accidents most commonly take place in interactions, reversing in a parking lot, or when two vehicles pass onto a roadway without due diligence.
- When two vehicles hit their front ends facing each other, it is called head-on collisions. These are the most fatal and life-threatening accidents! Many people lose their lives, suffer from long-term mobility, or are declared brain-dead because of the intensity of the impact. Therefore, always wear your seat belt to protect yourself from any sudden forces.
- When accidents are caused by debris or in the absence of warning signs from construction sites, vehicular accidents are known as highway construction accidents. Any ignorance of law holds the construction company at the site accountable for putting lives at risk.
Why Do Car Accidents Happen?
- Distracted driving causes vehicular accidents every day. You can find more information here about distracted driving accidents. Diverted attention because of any reason puts lives at risk. Therefore, it is strongly advised to maintain eye focus ahead of the car. Drivers must not eat, drink, talk, comb hair, or re-navigate the GPS while simultaneously driving.
- Without mentioning the obvious, the next cause is divulging smart device use while driving. These activities involve texting, talking on the phone while driving, or video calling. The probability of being in a car accident while busy on the phone increases 23 times.
- You are also more likely to be in a car accident if you have not been sleeping enough. Sleep-deprived drives are less focused on the road with a burdened mind and sleepy eyes. If you wish to drive, get ample rest and recover from the daily activities. Do not put your life at risk to save a few minutes or avoid the rush hour!
Were You in a Car Accident?
You would deserve the best legal representation if you were a victim of a car accident. Hire the best car accident injury lawyer Kansas City, MO, to defend your rights and receive the settlement you are worthy of.