Air Purifiers: Are They Really Worth Buying?
With the pacing of industrialization, the air quality is worsening day after day. Moving out on the streets sans the mask is a great risk one can take for life. The air pollutants are not only limited to the outdoors. Even in the house, the dirty air particles surround us. It raises questions and concerns about the air quality and how we deal with it. Air purifiers are one such electrical product that can save us from this doomsday-like situation. They filter the dirty air floating in the household. Referring to the product reviews will surely give us an unbiased view on air purifiers but are air purifiers worth buying. Here we will see how they are a valuable product in our lives.
What is the need for an Air Purifier?
Reports on Air quality index say that the air indoors is five times more polluted than the air outside. A large fraction of people spend most of their time in the house inhaling the dirt-filled air. Thousands of germs enter our home with the market products, food items, shoes, office bags, etc. These indoor dirt particles do not seem harmful to people, but they can cause heavy damage to their health. Our body can suffer serious problems when subjected to the dirty air-filled atmosphere for a longer time. The germ-filled pathogens in the air get inside our bodies when we inhale the filthy air.
It might be the case that you are not allergic to any of the dirt, dander, or pollen, but if done too late, it can raise grave life-threatening situations for you. These allergens can reach your lungs and may become the reason for asthma or related health problems. An Air purifier can help you get rid of the dirty air in your room. It can trap pathogens through its filter. Buying a good air purifier with high HEPA will also help to shoot down asthma-inducing particulates and other bacterial air molecules. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) also recommends installing a high-quality filtration system in the homes to prevent yourself from pollutants.
Are They Effective?
An Air Purifier not only cleans the air but also helps to clean the house. The HEPA filters tend to remove 99% of dust-making airborne particles, pollen, mists, floating debris, and Mold spores as small as 0.3 microns. Thus it can vanish the source of airborne diseases entirely from the indoors. Though it removes most pollutants, it does not remove the particles sitting on the sofa, table, bedding, etc. It also poofs away the lingering odor from the house, especially when you have a pet. A room freshener masks the unpleasant odor, but the Air Purifier removes it from the root level. The Air purifiers remove the following germ particles from the air.
- Allergens- Dust, pollen, and similar airborne particles constitute the allergens. These are responsible for causing diseases like asthma. The HEPA technique helps to sort out the problem of floating allergens.
- Mold- In humid environments, there is a high chance of Mold in the air. These are equally harmful to your lungs as allergens. The air purifier catches most of the Mold, but the right filter does the rest assured work. It also brings down the humidity in the room.
- Smoke- Smokes like cigarette smoke and smoke from the burning things get inside our lungs and deposit the burnt carbon. The smoke also blackens and stains the walls and furniture of our home. The air purifiers have inbuilt technology to trap the smoke particles from the air.
- Pet danders- Most of us have pets at our home, they dirty the furniture and floor, but they also pollute the air with their odor, hair, and danders. Air purifier catches allergens having pet danders, hair and neutralizes their odor.
- Indoor toxins- Indoor toxins are those particles that enter the air when you open up a fresh product or cosmetic. These particles kept in the preserved chemicals are harmful, and inhaling them can affect our body. The best way to get rid of them is to install an air purifier and keep it near your dressing table.
How do Air Purifiers work?
The diffusers and fresheners add scented flavors to the air and make it pleasant, whereas the air purifiers filter the air particles. The air purifiers consist of a fine sieve. As the air enters the Air purifier, the purifier traps the minute air particulates (as small as 0.3 microns). The High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) recognizes the high-quality Air Purifiers. It guarantees 99.97% cleaning of the air. Some of the air purifiers work by sanitizing the air. You can choose the air purifier based on the capacity of your room, as they come in various capacities. The right one will serve your air purifying needs.
Beside the sieves comes the carbon and zeolite blends that lock in the odor and chemicals. Some of the top brands offer UV light penetration on the air as it enters the purifier. This UV light kills bacteria and viruses. Thus this kind of HEPA filter prevents the viral and biological contamination of the air. Another widely popular technique used in Air purifiers is Electrical Attraction. In the negative ion generator technique, the dirty pollutants get deposited on the negative ion side. The Electrostatic precipitating cleaners charge the air particles by applying a high voltage.
We recommend reading a similar article - https://myintelligenthouse.com/best-air-purifier-for-weed-smoke/
The air around us is badly afflicted for many reasons, as we have seen in this article. One cannot get rid of all of them without the help of an air purifier. It is definitely worth your money. It helps to remove tons of airborne pollutants from the indoors. Some of them can have adverse effects on our health, leading to breathing problems. Air purifier kills, filters the allergens and improves air quality. With the proper filtration, HEPA Purifiers, and routine cleaning methods, your home can be safe for you and your loved ones.