Things, Poems, & Quotes To Celebrate Raksha Bandhan With Your Sister
Raksha Bandhan is here, and sisters are already looking for the best rakhis for their brothers. But we can bet that only a few brothers are thinking about ideas to make their sister happy on the auspicious occasion.
We are here with some activity ideas that you can do with your sister to make her smile. And if you want to make it more special, you can pick up the two poems mentioned here and the six quotes for sister.
- Spend time playing board games with your sister and the family. You can try Chess, Carrom Board, Business, Snakes & Ladders, Ludo, and more.
- It is always fun to go down memory lane and revisit the memories. Open the family album and spend time talking about those captured memories.
- You can try watching some movies based on family relations or specifically brother-sister relationships.
- Hit straight to the kitchen and prepare a bro-sis special dish. You can try watching the recipes on YouTube, and you can surely find recipes especially for the Raksha Bandhan festival.
- Talking about life and other things over a brewed coffee with your sister is just a soulful thing to do. You can know what’s going on in her life and if there’s is any problem, you can try to solve it.
- You can say some lovely words to her which will motivate her to achieve her dreams in life.
- You can play indoor games like ‘Hide & Seek’, Antakshari, Guess The Word, and more with the whole family.
- Take your sister to a nearby open space that will not be used for any construction sooner, and plant two trees to portray your bond with her.
- You can make her feel amazingly loved throughout the day by presenting gifts for Raksha Bandhan for sister. Like, you can hand over the first gift when she ties the rakhi, the other one when you have lunch together, and another before the day ends.
- Plan a trip and surprise her with your plan just after she ties the thread on your wrist. Keep the hope for the adjustments in your plan so that your sister can schedule things accordingly.
- You both can go to the nearest orphanage or old age home to donate smiles more than anything. We bet that you both will remember that celebration forever, and your hearts will be filled with love.
- Try something adventurous together that you both haven’t experienced yet. It could be anything like a scavenger hunt, scuba diving, skydiving, horse riding, or anything else.
- Express your love for your sister through a dedicated dance performance. Make yourself prepared well before the occasion arrives.
- Try singing a song for your sister, and it will surely bring smiles to her face.
- Appreciate your sister’s love and care for you by gifting her a beautiful flower arrangement.
Poems To Dedicate To Your Sister
it isn’t blood that makes you my sister
it’s how you understand my heart
as though you carry it
in your body
- By Rupi Kaur
For there is no friend like a sister
In calm or stormy weather;
To cheer one on the tedious way,
To fetch one if one goes astray,
To lift one if one totters down,
To strengthen whilst one stands
- By Christine Rossetti
Heart-Warming Quotes For Sister
- “Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there.”
- “I could never love anyone as I love my sisters.”
—Little Women film adaptation (1994)
- “A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves—a special kind of double.”
- “Acquaintances were always on their best behavior, but sisters loved each other enough to say anything.”
- “As you’re growing up and you’re close, you can’t trust anyone the way you trust your sister, but also they have the power to wound you in ways no one else really does.”
- 6. “If your sister is in a tearing hurry to go out and cannot catch your eye, she’s wearing your best sweater.”