6 Affordable Yet Effective DIY Facemasks for Those Who Work a Lot
Many of us who have rigid daily schedules barely get any time to pamper ourselves and enjoy a daily skincare routine. Although this is not something that could lead to significant diseases, it can damage the way your skin usually looks. Many females are not aware of the impact that insufficient self-care can do on your skin. Normal skin can quickly become dry, damaged, dirty, and prone to skin issues like acne. Facial masks and salon treatments can be costly for people - especially if you are working on minimum wages during the pandemic. Are you looking for some really effective face masks made from ingredients easily found in your kitchen? If yes, this article is just for you. This article will discuss some of the best and most affordable ways to pamper yourself and your skin every week.
Here are some DIY face masks for different types of skin issues:
Forget the quote; the more, the merrier. We are on a bargain here. This famous mask is only made with 2 ingredients, but a blast of vitamin C will really give your skin a punch of freshness it deserves. Made from 2 simple ingredients found easily in your home, pamper your face with this formula that brightens dull skin and eliminates all the pollution on your face. It's loaded with vitamin C and antioxidants, after all.
- 1/2 to 1 cup of boiled water (250 ml)
- 1 tea bag of green tea (use the lemon-flavored for extra additives)
- 6 mashed raspberries
- Steep your green tea in boiled water for a couple of minutes and take the leaves out.
- Strain those leaves and put them in a bowl.
- Add your mashed raspberries in it and form a paste (a chunky one is equally fine).
- Let it cool down and apply over clean, dry skin for 15 minutes.
- Wash it with cool water, use your toner, serum, and lotion.
When specific patches of your skin become darker than the others, it is classified as hyperpigmentation. Hyperpigmentation is a common skin condition that usually is harmless. However, we are all concerned about how our skin looks and want the unwanted pigmentation to go away. Fortunately, we have a DIY skincare mask by the famous Chloe Pierre in our article. It will help you get rid of hyperpigmentation to go away with regular use. It consists of turmeric, which has proven properties to reduce wrinkles, pigments, and irritation.
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric (you can use fresh or powdered)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice (remove the seeds)
- 1 tablespoon of pure honey
- Mix all the ingredients
- Apply on affected patches of your skin and leave them on for 5 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water.
- This mask is advised to be used 2 times a week for at least 5 weeks before you can see results. If you have dark spots on your neck, it may mean high blood sugar, and it can only go away if you drink lots of water and control your glucose level.
Bananas are much more helpful than just an ingredient of your milkshake. If you make DIY facemasks, always always always have bananas at your home. They are extremely rich in potassium, vitamin C, A, and B-6. All of them are incredibly healthy for your skin and make it look younger and fresher. This DIY facemask has bananas as the main ingredient. Still, you can throw in some cashew powder for an extra source of potassium.
- 1 banana (make sure it's yellow and ripe)
- 1 banana peel
- 1/2 teaspoon natural, unprocessed honey
- 1 teaspoon yogurt (full-fat version)
- A pinch of turmeric (powdered or freshly ground)
- Gently peel the banana and mash it with a fork.
- Blend the banana peel a little until it’s a little chunky but not too much
- Add all the other ingredients. Your mask should look like a yellow paste.
- Clean your skin and apply a thin layer on top.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes and rinse with cold water.
- Tap dry your face and continue with your regular skincare routine (toner, serum, etc.).
After an entire day of hard work, contact with pollutants, debris, and spending time stressing in front of the laptop screen, your skin needs some time to calm down and relax. If you do not give your skin enough time, it can become really irritated and chapped despite all this. However, applying a soothing mask every twice a week (or more) can help you calm your muscles down and let you relax. Essential oils reduce irritation from your skin, while other ingredients provide you with antioxidants.
- 1 teaspoon of raw natural honey
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/4 of a ripe avocado (make sure it is not overripe to the extent of breaking down)
- 2 to 4 drops of lavender oil
- Mix all your ingredients in a bowl until one smooth paste is formed.
- Apply it on your skin and leave it for a solid 15 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water and tap dry with a soft cotton towel.
Ah, a common problem for 90% of us ladies out there. If you have weak vision, it gives you dark circles. If you stay up late, it gives you dark circles. If you overwork, it gives you dark circles. There is just no running away from this monster. While dark circles do not cause any significant skin issues, they look horrible and difficult to hide when you are putting makeup on your face. Thanks to the multiple miracles of caffeine, we have a winner here. Using coffee in your mask will temporarily tighten your face and constrict your blood vessels, making it a lot easier for your skin to wake up.
- 1/2 tablespoons of coffee (powdered form or freshly ground)
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey (natural)
- Mix all your ingredients in a bowl.
- You must have a thin paste (almost liquidy).
- Continue to add honey until the mask becomes thin but not runny.
- Apply it directly under your eyes and leave it for 10 to 15 minute’s maximum.
- Rinse it off with cold water to see immediate results.
Along with smoothness, your skin also needs good hydration. Nothing can beat the solid results of drinking 4 to 6 liters of water every day. Treating yourself with this DIY mask can actually hydrate your skin and make it smooth and moisturized. Just remember that you need to drink plenty of water and regularly apply a good moisturizer and serum on your face. Other than this, what you eat also matters a lot if you are trying to make your skin look good.
- 1 tablespoon of natural honey
- 1/2 mashed avocado (newly ripe)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of oats (you can use bran as well)
- Mix all the ingredients to form a chunky and thick paste.
- Leave it on your skin for 15 to 20 minutes until the ingredients dry out. Help yourself with a healthy snack of roasted and salted cashews while you are waiting.
- Rinse it off with cold water and let it air dry.
- Continue your regular moisturizing routine.
These DIY face masks are effective and affordable for your regular skincare routine.