How to Clean Amtico Flooring
Amtico floors offer a luxurious look to homes and are an investment homeowner would love to invest in. Amtico flooring is quite popular as they have a long life, and it is not difficult to maintain its pristine look. Even though Amtico Flooring is sturdy and requires very little maintenance, it is important to maintain it properly so that its durability is increased and to improve its aesthetics.
Amtico is hard plastic flooring that can be made to imitate any type of flooring. They look just like the real thing, and it is not always easy to differentiate it from the real one. Amtico flooring can be easily used to give the impression of tiles, marbles, wood, porcelain, ceramic, or any other floor. Amtico flooring not just gives you the same look of other flooring types, but they also need little maintenance and are good insulators too.
What is Amtico Flooring?
Steps to Cleaning Amtico Flooring
Compared to other types of flooring such as wood or carpet, Amtico floors are quite easy to clean. Here are three main steps that you need to follow –
- You have to sweep the floor using a brush regularly to remove all dirt and dust from it. You can then put the dirt into the dustbin and get your floor ready for mopping.
- Once you have brushed the floors, you should use Amtico Floorcare Maintainer to mop the floor with. You can also use other approved product if you do not have it, but, you might end up losing the warranty on the flooring if you do not use their approved products. You can even mop the flooring a few times in a month to maintain its shine for longer period. For every 5 litres of water, you need to use 100ml of Amtico Floorcare Maintainer and then use the double bucket system for mopping the floor.
- If you further want to ensure that your Amtico floor remains in top condition, you should use Amtico Floorcare Stripper for a deep cleaning once or twice in a year. Apply the stripper on the flooring, leave it on for about ten minutes and then rinse it twice. You then have to redress it using Amtico Flooring Dressing and then finish it off with Amtico LVT. It helps remove all the tough dirt and marks from the flooring.
In addition to the cleaning methods mentioned above, you need to follow some preventive methods to ensure that the flooring remains as good as the first time it was laid in your house.
- Use Protective Pads – It is a good idea to use protective pads under the feet of furniture to avoid scratch marks. It is especially true for sofa and chairs as they are often dragged around the floor. You can easily buy protective pads in the market, and it can help you save you a headache a few years down the line.
- Increase Contact Area – Most of the scratches that the flooring takes is because of the heavy furniture that has thin legs. Thus, it is always a good idea to buy furniture that has wider contact areas to spread the weight. It will help decrease the chances of getting marks on the floor.
- Use Doormat – A doormat is a necessity for homes. It does not matter where you place it; you can catch dirt, grime, or grit so that they do not enter the house and onto the flooring. You can also have a ‘no shoes’ policy in your house and request guests to wipe their feet before entering the house. It will help you save a lot of cleaning time.
- Deal with Spillages – In case of spillages, it is essential that you take action immediately and wipe the excess spillages using Amtico cleaning product. When you take care of the problem almost immediately, the dirt won’t stick to the flooring.
- Avoid Products that can Damage the Flooring – It is best to avoid vacuums with strong bristles as they can leave scratch marks on the floor. Even steam mops should be avoided to ensure that the Amtico flooring is not damaged.
These simple cleaning tips and preventive measures will help you keep your Amtico floor clean and shiny for many years to come. There's also a epic eco-friendly floor cleaner that you should check out.