DAYDREAMS OF A 20 YEAR OLD

nirvana baby now, getting old at 20, uk fashion and life style blogger, life advice

Since turning 20 I can consider myself a full adult and even though I’m only just stretching my wings, I’ve had too many conversations with people that make me feel old in the early sproutings of my life, things like ‘Jesus was The Lion King that many years ago?’ and ‘I’ve been dying my hair for 9 years’ ‘My high school friends all have baby scans as their profile pictures’ they may not seem like much, but to me they are some of the thousands of random observations I make everyday, here are some of the things that runs through my mind as an adult and probably yours too…

1// If I buy this £100 bag, I will get slender because I can only afford to live off baked beans

2// Why are women punished monthly for not falling pregnant?

3// I should go running ~lounges in active-wear and running shoes all day~

4// I’ve totally got my life mapped out according to my Pinterest boards

5// Is that a stretch mark or did I sleep on a bed sheet crease?

6// I’m so tired, yet cannot sleep

7// Isn’t it weird how hair grows out your head?

8// My available balance is what?

9// I am a strong independent young adult ~wilters to a puddle at the sight of a kitten~

10// I should travel the world, right now

Do you ever think the strangest thoughts?

Bloglovin// Twitter// Facebook// Instagram// Portfolio// Contact//

22 Comments

1. August 17, 2014 / 1:29 am

#5 all the time. It's like an irrational fear of mine! I'm doing a giveaway on my blog to mark 1/2 a year of blogging. It's a package perfect for anyone who loves fashion, beauty, and nice things! Details and how to enter at newhautmonde.blogspot.ca

2. August 17, 2014 / 6:33 am

Great thoughts. I'm a little older than you..okay a lot..I turn 27 this week. However, I firmly believe we women get better with age 🙂 Congrats on you 20th birthday. May it be filled with joy and exciting adventures.
    Bright Shiny

3. August 17, 2014 / 7:22 am

Haha! Even though I am already in my 30s, this post definitely reminds me of the good old days when I first stepped into adulthood. Great post!

Reflection of Sanity

4. August 17, 2014 / 7:59 am

#2 and #3 are so accurate! This is too hilarious, and I'm always guilty. Whenever I buy something I think to myself "I could've bought X amount of pizzas and ate that instead."

5. August 17, 2014 / 11:21 am

Ooooh well I look forward to getting older!!! and thank you that's very sweet!

6. August 17, 2014 / 11:24 am

awh I'm so glad you like the post, thank you for sharing 🙂

7. August 17, 2014 / 11:24 am

I'm glad you like it dear, this is unfortunately one of the most common things that runs through my head, priorities right here!!

8. August 17, 2014 / 12:42 pm

2 3 8 and 10 are me every day! I can tell you it's no different being 21 haha! xx

9. August 17, 2014 / 12:53 pm

I'm starting to think all women think this now no matter what age xx

10. August 18, 2014 / 10:12 am

glad you like the post dear 🙂

11. August 28, 2014 / 1:29 am

I'm 20 myself & I love this post. I love that I'm not alone with all my HS classmates getting pregnant, I felt a little sad though like why are you literally cutting off your future. 1 & 8 are my daily, weekly, yearly struggles. Sometimes I feel like I want to be this glamorous girl but my budget can't afford my glam it's depressing girl.I can relate to you so much, thank you for sharing this part of yourself. Also congrats on your followers girl <3

12. August 28, 2014 / 8:14 am

thank you so much for sharing this, such a wonderful read I'm glad you can relate!!!!! <3